Monday, March 13, 2006

Film Review - Caché (Hidden)

Not so much a review as a plea to anyone who saw Caché (directed and written by Michael Haneke) and could explain the ending to me (or the middle, or the beginning for that matter)?

Still, a fantastically directed film in that confused-what-the-hell-is-happening sort of way for the entire movie. Daniel Auteuil and Juliette Binoche are great as the couple being stalked, and the slow pacing (Brokeback haters, you will think this is too slow too) only adds to the Hitchcockian feel.

Was the ending though just more "uneasiness" like the rest of the movie?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After I saw Cache I was equally confused as you where. So, I re-watched it. (only makes it slower) The ending is supposed to suggest that their son Pierot (sp) and the other man's son where involved and planned this together. Also, that the son was trying to get revenge on the famliy for being ignored, and he thought his mother as having an affair. I still loved this movie.

Vance said...

Oh my god. I didn't even consider that theory with the conspiracy of the two sons.

Anonymous said...

Haneke is a master.