Monday, April 30, 2007

That's So Gay! Mostly British Edition

Seriously, why don't we get gay tv like this? Grease: YTOTIW didn't even come close. This looks REALLY REALLY GAY. I love the Brits and the BBC.

Any Dream Will Do hosted by Graham Norton, searching for the next male lead to sing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat? (The only Andrew Lloyd Webber musical that I truly love by the way, the rest is mostly crap, though I'm still debating about Evita, though I will also admit I performed it in high school so I'm a little biased as well. We were pretty damn good though if I do say so myself, and one cast member ended up on Broadway in Rent, and another, wrote a little musical that just got nominated for a Drama League award! Not bad for a very macho all boys school). Seriously... so so so gay. And all we got was Billy Bush?

Anyways, seems like the UK love their gays, as this years Big Brother UK might be gayified with half the cast being identified as gay or bi. How come all we get is Bucky and Marcellas?

And speaking of gay and musical theatre and reality show contestants, here's this piece on American Idol finalist Anthony Federov (who isn't gay I know, but please... like we don't really know) , which makes me laugh somehow...

Anthony Federov photo by Joan Marcus

No comments: