Sunday, June 10, 2007

Tony Has Its Spring Awakening

And as expected, Spring Awakening wins Best Musical at the Tony Awards. YEY! 8 Tony Award Wins! That even beat out my prediction of 5-7 Tony's. WOOHOO!!!

And as expected, Christine Ebersole wins Best Actress in a Musical for Grey Gardens. Yey! (Didn't love the musical but she was awesome).

And as expected... wait... no it wasn't. I thought Raul Esparza was a lock for Company in the Best Actor in a Musical category but David Hyde Pierce wins it in a race that was said to be quite the photo finish. The light usually beats the dark. Hmm... I haven't seen Curtains yet but Raul Esparza's performance will live in my memory as one of those moments on Broadway that cannot be missed. I knew Jonathan Groff didn't really have a chance but if Raul couldn't get it, I would have liked to have seen Groff get it for his strong debut lead performance in Spring Awakening.

No comments: