Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Bourne Ultimatum - Why Paul Greengrass May Join My Club Of Ang Lee And Pedro Almodovar

The Bourne Ultimatum
directed by Paul Greengrass

I'm going to keep this short but Paul Greengrass (United 93) and Matt Damon keep the standards high on the Bourne Franchise which might just be the one franchise around that has yet to have a substandard movie. Simply riveting and exciting with tons of action without feeling like it was dumbed down. Just like the first two. So damn good!

Plus, again, love the casting (Joan Allen, David Strathairn, Julia Stiles) and the continuation of characters from the first two movies so that the series actually feels continuous, a small chapter in a larger whole, and bonus points for adding Paddy Considine (In America) and Daniel Brühl (Goodbye Lenin!) into the mix.

The Bourne Ultimatum = 9/10 or A-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, this is freaky, I just finished writing a post about "The Bourne Ultimatum" and how much I love it on another blog that I started for fun.
I pretty much LOVED that movie too.