Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Spring Into The Gap For The Holidays - Yes It's A Chillin' and I'm a' Shillin'

Since those crazy horny Spring Awakening kids are locked out of their Broadway theatre for the stagehand strike and forced to sing on the streets, they've had to find other ways of making money, like selling their souls to Gap. Which is kinda cool. (Speaking of shillin', check out my friend's ad on the upper top right corner or here at Off the Canvas where artists can put up paintings for buyers to purchase at your own specified canvas sizes and what not!)

My sister sent me these pictures (above, and not sure where she got them so don't know who to credit) but if anybody has a better one or the actual image file (or even a page ripped out from Vanity Fair (because it's not in the Canadian edition, I didn't even realise we had a different edition with different ads. WTF?)) please feel free to send it my way. PRETTY PLEASE! Man, I would love to have one of those gigantic posters of the Spring Awakening cast, not that I would know where to put it but whatever... logistics... haha (UPDATE: I found the full poster of the Spring Awakening Gap Ad and posted it here)

Below are pictures part of the campaign (anybody have the pic with whatever bare chested man holding up another girl?) which I'm sure you've all seen by now but its TOO CUTE to pass up, including ones with Will Arnett (Arrested Development) and Amy Poehler, John Krasinski from The Office, Zoe Seldana, Will I Am, Amanda Peet, Angie Harmon and Jason Sehorn, and James Marsden and the lovely Amy Adams from Enchanted opening today (which sadly, is the movie I'm most looking forward to, though I can't go today. Stupid no holiday Canada):

Pictures of this holiday seasons Gap ads just in time for your Black Friday and after the jump:


Amanda Peet with baby Frances Pen

Amy Adams

Angie Harmon and Jason Sehorn

James Marsden

John Krasinski

Will Arnett and Amy Poehler

Will i am

Zoe Saldana with sisters Cisley and Mariel

4 comments:

Liz said...

Um, wow. This is...good for SA publicity, I guess, but sad, too. I mean, GAP was under fire less than a month ago for using child workers in Indian sweatshops to sew their clothes. I'm sorry to see so many of my favorite stars promote a company that profits off of child labor.

Vance said...

I know. We were just having a debate on this in our office. Like the Gaps and Walmarts. Yet, now that Walmart CLAIMS it's trying to go enviro? is that a good thing? Can't be bad. Not sure it will make my buy there but I guess a step is a step. Meanwhile, I've read that smaller places might not be any better (unless you know for sure they are making them here and paying fair wages like AA) and that Gap at least has the chance to change things (and Ive read usually these bad factories lie to the company as well which, after visiting CHina, I can totally see). Still, does it excuse them?...

sigh... why do I get so tortured when I go shopping? Ah well, at least I won't be shopping happy on Black Friday since it doesn't exist up here!

Um, but don't Will and Amy look SO DARN CUTE???

Liz said...

Yes, yes they do. SO cute. John Krasinski looks like he's trying a bit too hard, much as I hate to say it.

As far as WalMart going organic, I think it's all well and good unless the market pressure leads to more organics being produced overseas, where regulations are less policed and transportation negates many of the environmental benefits. Also, it could lead organic producers here to follow the letter of the law to produce enough product, but not the idea--i.e., using methods that, while organic, aren't sustainable in the long run and lead to unusable land. (Can you tell I have a lot of opinions on the subject? :) ) I try my best to do the right thing with my wallet, but sometimes it's impossible! Still, I don't think these stars have to go OUT OF THEIR WAY to promote a company that's had such a notoriously poor record on sweatshops, for such a long time.

Unknown said...

nice blog i like it

http://bollywoodsprings.blogspot.com