Tuesday, January 22, 2008

RIP Heath Ledger

At this point I'm sure you all know that actor Heath Ledger, 28, has died since every blog, radio, and TV station has already broken the news this afternoon.

So sad. So shocking. I'm truly shocked. 

When the talented but troubled Brad Renfrow past away last week, I was sadly not that surprised. This Heath Ledger news, I am.

It's not that I loved Heath but I did think he was a pretty cool actor that chose good roles (like in Monster's Ball) and he was one of those actors I just wanted to do well. 

My sister was just mentioning that 10 Things I Hate About You is almost nearing 10 years now (good god, how old am I?) and I still remember Heath making a pretty good introduction into my awareness. Loved that movie!

Then of course Brokeback Mountain, which I truly thought was the best movie from 2 years ago (and was totally robbed at the Oscars), with Heath Ledger creating the now iconic role of Ennis Del Mar. 

He truly had a great future ahead of him but I guess the news of his death is all the more shocking since he was quite private and not exactly known as a partyer that might have been prone to an early death, but I guess everybody is vulnerable and life is fragile.

No comments: