Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Sarah Connor Chronicles - The Future?

Gnothi Seauton - Ep. 102

I'm still undecided on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I thought the pilot was so-so but what's funny was I had all these points I noted as I watched the second episode and just realised I said it all already in my pilot review.

Loving the idea of Lena Headey and Thomas Dekker yet not really loving them in the show. (Though Lena's hair seems not as hideous). Loving Summer Glau (even though yes, she looks a little frail to be a cyborg but that makes it all the more fun!) but still getting bored by all the "action" sequences.

Plus, not that I would want the show to be all sunny and stuff while it's set in LA, but can the show be any DARKER? I could NOT see the "children's poster" for the life of me. I know it's all about the MOOD and other shows do it too, but it bothered me.

Big points for great guest casting again, this week with Dean Winters (Oz, L&O:SVU, the great guest appearance on 30 Rock), Sonya Walger (Lost) and Jonathan Sadowski (Laszlo on Chuck, the presumed gay best friend in She's the Man)

Plus, the big problem. I'm probably overthinking things.

This show is supposed to take place after T2 but before Terminator 3? Is that right?

I'm probably overthinking things way too much about the time travelling and plotholes and stuff but it doesn't help that I don't actually remember the details from the movies even though I liked them (and yes, I actually liked Terminator 3 a LOT, yes, the one with Claire Danes).

While I can totally submit myself to the frustrations on Lost, and I love the twists and turns on Alias or Chuck, I wonder if I can endure keeping up with another whole serial series that is essentially one big chase scene? I fell out of love with Traveler fast, and I'm not sure what the point of this show is, especially since there could potentially never be an ending (again, not sure why I hang on to Lost but I'm willing to suspend my belief over on the island). Of course, it helps that we care about the characters on those other shows, and that there's a bit of humour in them.

At this point, the little humour in TSCC (There's gotta be a shorter more fluid nickname we could call this show?) is provided by Summer Glau's character, and it's a little Small Wonder to me sometimes.

Anyways, since there's nothing else on, I'll probably keep up, though I won't stay in on Mondays just to watch it (then again, it's Monday, what else am I going to do?) but don't get me wrong. I don't HATE the show or anything, I just find myself somewhat bored half the time, yet other times loving what I'm watching. I just find it a very inconsistent hour.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is supposed to take place between Terminator 2 & 3, but the creators are acting like 3 doesn't exist.

Anonymous said...

No...this show supercedes T3 - by Cameron going back in time to the 1990s, and then transporting Sarah and John to 2007 (after T3), it is effectively saying that T3 never occurred.