Friday, December 12, 2008

Latest Couple - Hugh and Oscar

Apparently Hugh Jackman is the non-comedian surprise who is going to host the Oscars this year.

All he has to do is take off his shirt and do a few cartwheels. This is going to be the best Oscars EVER!

Well straight guys may not love it but did they ever love the Oscars anyways?

That being said, Hugh Jackman, hosting a celebration of great achievements in film, doesn't exactly have the best resume. I mean, I LUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRVE him. I'll have his babies, wipe his car, clean his windows, whatever for him. And the dude is talented. But he is pretty terrible at picking good films to star in.

Not counting the X-Men franchise that made him famous, is the next best thing to ogle him in Kate and Leopold or Someone Like You (which does have the advantage of having Greg Kinnear along for the ride, but might have been a better movie simply by calling it its original name Animal Husbandry or Animal Attraction)? I mean, he was HOT in Swordfish but that movie was the BOMB (not da bomb. THE Bomb). I still have yet to see Australia but I've heard very mixed reviews.

Anyways, you KNOW he's going to show off his dancing and singing Broadway skills. Rumour is he's going back to Broadway in Houdini. Or something. He just wants to go back to Broadway. The Oscars could be a warmup. Just don't forget to take that shirt off Hugh.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Wow, this is a big switch for the Oscars away from comedians. I hope Houdini comes true. I'd love to see Hugh on stage. And I loved the X-Men movies.