Sunday, December 14, 2008

The TV Blog Coalition - Slogging Through 2nd Tier TV

I've been catching up with sleep and TV this week (with TV being more important and probably why I was never getting enough sleep in the first place). I've also gotten to the point where I'm finally catching up with 2nd tier TV. Sometimes I think if I didn't have this blog though, I wouldn't be slogging through it all (see.. I'm doing it for you!). Cause especially now that Dirty Sexy Money is cancelled, I'm done with it. I can't care less who is screwing who and can't keep up. On the other hand, 90210 is proving to be horribly written but highly addictive. Like the drug of choice the kids in the show themselves are using. My Name is Earl can still be fun and funny (like this past week's Christmas episode) and worth a look (on the other hand, the twister episode proved that sometimes it has become a big disaster). I also find myself enjoying Gary Unmarried for some reason, probably because I feel like it's the 80's again when I watch it (cause there's no way that kind of show is still being produced nowadays, right?).

Anyways, here's what the other TV bloggers are talking about:

Buzz went looking for opinions about the best underappreciated TV gem of '08. (BuzzSugar)

Sandie shared a special Holiday preview of Supernatural's upcoming January episodes. (Daemon's TV)

In the latest installment of Take 5, GMMR looked back at the top 5 episodes of Veronica Mars. (Give Me My Remote)

Rae takes a look at one of the shows she's been anticipating for months, TNT's new series Leverage. (RTVW Online)

In a year when some of the most inept executives in America got the ax, one man looks to carry the mantel into 2009, and he is scheduling what you watch on your television, well, by his track record you are avoiding them. (Scooter McGavin's 9th Green)

Vance checks out Toronto's cast for the play Dog Sees God which happens to look a lot like Degrassi: The Next Generation (Marco! Craig! Jay! Jane!). (Tapeworthy)

This week, Jace was all about looking forward, with advance reviews of Season Two of FX's Damages and the pilot script for ABC's Flash Forward, which could just be the next Lost. (Televisionary)

Holy affluent teen drama! This week Gossip Girl featured a funeral, a wedding and a Blair/Chuck meltdown. (TiFaux)

With the shocking announcement by NBC that Jay Leno will be sticking with the network, theTVaddict.com put together a list of Winners & Losers (The TV Addict)

Raoul talked to the winners of The Amazing Race. (TV Filter)

Suffering with an almighty pre-Christmas hangover, TV Spy was, to its shame, a blog of few words, as it looked forward to the new series of Flight of the Conchords and Battlestar Galactica. (TV Spy)

No comments: