Thursday, April 02, 2009

Hair and Now

I was reading the reviews yesterday early morning and I'm reading them again now. I was going to try to see this later this summer when I'll try to visit New York again, but now I'm seriously considering pushing a few things out of the way so that I can get to the Al Hirschfeld Theatre on Broadway to see the newly transferred revival of Hair.

The reviews are ECSTATIC. Just like they were from the summer in the park. I loved it back then so much I went twice in my short visit (and yes, that meant lining up a LONG TIME!). And apparently it has gotten even BETTER with the transfer. Just LOOK at the video! (Or check out the videoblogs! So adorable)

And if you don't trust me (uh, but why WOULDN'T YOU? Have I ever been wrong? Uh, hello. NO!) here's more proof:
New York Times
Variety
USAToday
Theatermania
The Hollywood Reporter
Bloomberg
NY Daily News
NYPost
Backstage
AMNY
American Theatre Web
Edge NY
Bergen Record
Associated Press
and compiled nicely at Critic-O-Meter

At this point, the discount code is still up (HABBX22 valid until May 10th 2009) for 50% off but I have a feeling that won't be around much longer after yesterday's pretty decent sales.

There is lottery (just don't try it on the day I'm going to try, though I may actually just have to buy real regular tickets for this) rush:

"Be-In Box" Ticket Lottery: $25 - a limited number of box seat tickets sold via lottery system. Entries accepted at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre box office beginning two and half hours prior to each performance. Names will be drawn at random two hours prior to curtain time. Winners must be present at the time of the drawing and show valid ID to purchase tickets. Limit one entry per person, and two tickets per winner. Cash only. Seats may be partial view.

Also, now that Gavin Creel is in the show (instead of Jonathan Groff who I loved in the show) and apparently amazing (and out), I so need to go see my future husband as Claude.

Especially after hearing this:



Damnit, I so wish I cancelled my plans so that I could go see him in the cabaret he did in Toronto earlier this year. Damn me and my etiquette.





Vance at http://tapeworthy.blogspot.com

No comments: