Monday, May 04, 2009

NBC Falls Out

It's out. I'll comment later when I have more time. Or when I care.

Cause you know I'm rolling my eyes at he-who-is-not-funny-and-has-a-big-chin taking over the 10pm slots.

Can NBC fall more out of touch? I really hope it fails miserably though I have a bad feeling it won't.

UPDATE: Okay, so I took a look at the new NBC roster, and here's how I see it:

The Pros:

Friday Night Lights and Southland are back.

The Cons:

Chuck still hasn't been guaranteed. The summer burn off of Kings will be it.

The Pros:

Parenthood. It's from Jason Katims (Friday Night Lights) and Tommy Schlamme. The cast has Peter Krause (Six Feet Under), Maura Tierney (ER, Newsradio), Sam Jaegar (Eli Stone), Mae Whitman (Arrested Development), Erika Christensen (Traffic), Craig T. Nelson (Coach), Marguerite Morreau (life as we know it) and Bonnie Bedelia (um, movies from the 80's and 90's)



The Cons:

It also has Monica Potter who I used to like but has been getting kinda irritating. And I only know Dax Shepard from the tabloids.

Prospects Rating: Watchable


The Pros:

Joel McHale (The Soup) has a show! Community!

AND it has John Oliver (The Daily Show)



The Cons:

It also has Chevy Chase, who I've never been a fan of, and could join Morgan in things I could do without on Chuck.

Prospects Rating: Watchable


The Pros:

Christopher Moynihan is in the new show 100 Questions!!! And it's coming from James Burrows (Cheers, Will & Grace)



The Cons:

Christopher Moynihan is in the new show called 100 Questions. A show described as "Charlotte Payne is looking for love. She's dated lots of men and has been proposed to ten times, but has yet to meet Mr. Right. So Charlotte decides to join a popular online dating site, where she has to take a 100-question compatibility test. The questions aren't easy for Charlotte to answer, and each one requires her to recount a poignant and humorous time in her life with friends Leslie, Jill, Mike and Wayne. The test becomes a journey of self-discovery for Charlotte and helps her realize what she truly wants in a relationship."

It also has "Digital Features:
• Dating service website as featured in show - a user-generated component where fans respond to the question of the week, see character profiles and view video "dating tips"

• Weekly themed love quizzes and polls tied to show topics."


Oh gawd, I love romantic earnestness but something feels really cold and corporate about all this.

Prospects Rating: Unwatchable


The Pros:

Derek Mio (Greek) and Julie Gonzalo (Veronica Mars, Eli Stone) have a show together! And Xander Berkeley (24) and Carly Pope (Popular) are in it too!

The Cons:

It's called Day One, another high concept intense drama. Blegh. I love Mio, Gonzalo, Berkeley and Pope but not enough to get into another one of these.

Prospects Rating: Unwatchable


The Pros:

Guillermo Diaz (Weeds) and James Tupper (Men In Trees) are in a show together.



The Cons:

It's called Trauma with Michelle Trachtenberg (Gossip Girl, Buffy) headlining alongside someone that looks like Macy Gray/Rosario Dawson and someone that looks like a mini-Patricia Arquette or some other frail white chick that I can't think of right now. I love Michelle on Buffy and I love her as Georgina but I'm not sure I could take her in large doses.

One more pro: Margot Martindale! Okay, points for casting her.

Prospects Rating: Curious To Watch


The Pros:

Kevin Rankin (Friday Night Lights) is on a new show!



The Cons:

The new show Trauma looks campy and ridiculous. Except I think it's supposed to be an intense action drama.

One more Pro: Casting a non-white lead. Wow. Progressive. (Yes, that' an air of condescension in my breathe) And a cameo from Buddy Garrity!

Prospect Rating: Unwatchable

Vance at http://tapeworthy.blogspot.com

No comments: