Thursday, April 08, 2010

TVworthy - The Vacation Catch-Up

It's been a while since I've blogged about TV. Oh, I'm still watching lots (and tweeting about it), but since my Australia/New Zealand vacation, I've been trying to catch-up. Some, like Lost, I've caught up with right away of course (not that I have any idea what's going on) and the rest, I'm slowly working my way back to the current episodes (I'm finally caught up to late March for most).

Anyways, here's my thoughts in more than 140 characters (but not by much because I think my brain is starting work in 140 character thoughts now).

Lost - Seriously, I can't talk about it, because, I don't know how to talk about it. But man, I can never wait until the next episode, yet fear it because it's one less episode until the end. I'm assuming I'll get "it" on May 23rd at 11pm.

Bored to Death - Watched the first season. I always think I'll get annoyed at Jason Schwartzman, Zach Galifianakis, and Ted Danson, yet I'm reminded that I've enjoyed them before (Schartzman in Rushmore and any Wes Anderson film, Galifianakis in Hangover despite the movie being overrated, Danson in Help Me Help You and Damages) and I'm loving them in this and I can't wait for more episodes.

Ugly Betty - I am LOVING this season so far. Of course I am. It's cancelled! It can now join the ranks of Everwood and The OC. Shows that got cancelled in it's fourth, and best season.

Greek - Nothing is more comforting than going back to college and joining Cappie, Casey, Rusty and Beaver. Seriously, I'd go back if it was this fun. I'm enjoying the deepening of Evan and Rebecca's characters and kudos for the ongoing gay love story with Calvin and Grant and I love the Heath still lingers around.

American Idol - What can be said? Worst season ever. It's Bowersox's to lose but I don't even get that excited by her as I have past Idolers like Kris Allen, David Archie, David Cook, Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson. Maybe it's cause of all the Lilith Fair vibe. Maybe it's cause despite it supposedly being a girls year, the boys have prevailed, despite sucky voices. But hey, it's what happens when everyone is a sob story this year.

Life Unexpected - How much do I love this show? It has that comfortable reminder of the good years of The WB. Love Kristofer Polaha and Shirri Appleby and love all the minor melodrama.

Community, Parks & Recreation, Modern Family and Cougar Town have become such awesome comedies! Love them so much. Amazing too since 3 of them had such a shaky start. In fact, I find myself looking forward to them more than the old standard The Office (which I will say, has at least gotten better again in the new year).

The Good Wife - The cast is superb to begin with but they keep adding amazing guest stars and re-occuring characters. How much do we love Gary Cole's mustache? Or a creepy Alan Cummings (though when is he not creepy?). The writing has gotten better and tighter too and while the mysteries/cases still manipulatively feed us viewers, the interplay between the characters are snappy and solid. And still love that Archie Punjabi is now in a big US hit TV show.

Undercover Boss - It's so set up and manipulated (I mean, there's no way EVERY employee the undercover bosses speaks to has a sob story like the ones that do on this show) but while I wonder about the OTHER worthy employees, I'm a total sucker for it all. I can't stop watching, as fake as some of it may be.

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - When did Colby get so crabby? I'm still on team Boston Rob. I'm sad Cirie got kicked out so early. I wish Stephen (from JT's season) and Rob Cesterino was on this. UPDATE: Okay, I caught another ep. DAMNIT. Ugh.

Desperate Housewives - Okay, lesbian story aside (and I'm not totally caught up yet so bear with me), I've been loving this season.

Vance at http://tapeworthy.blogspot.com

No comments: